Saturday, March 14, 2009

About DallasSpectrum.com

Welcome!

DallasSpectrum.com is a resource for families and individuals in the DFW area dealing with autism, and related developmental disorders, including Asperger's and PDD-NOS. It is a community-focused website created to serve as a both an information clearinghouse and a support center.

About me:
I have lived in the DFW area since 2005, and my son was diagnosed with autism soon after his second birthday in August 2007. I know how hard it is to sift through all the information and make decisions regarding treatment, education, and childcare. Additionally, I know how important it is to connect with other families who understand what you are going through. We are lucky to live in an area that has so many great resources for families and individuals dealing with autism. My son and I have been blessed by the wonderful services and resources Dallas-Fort Worth has to offer and the wonderful friends we have made along the way.

I hope you will contribute by posting comments or emailing me. I welcome your feedback as well as any information that would be of interest to others. I encourage you to use the comments sections as a place for discussion and support.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment